The post-Money In the Bank edition of WWE Friday Night SmackDown opens up with a look at how The Usos defeated Solo Sikoa and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns in The Bloodline Civil War Match last Saturday in London at Money In The Bank.
We’re now live from the legendary Madison Square Garden in New York City as Michael Cole welcomes us, declaring that WWE has come home to The World’s Most Famous Arena. He’s joined at ringside by Wade Barrett, and they hype tonight’s show.
Here The WWE Friday Night SmackDown Full Results
– The Usos – Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso makes their way to the ring. Fans pop big for The Usos as Mike Rome does the introductions. Jimmy takes the mic and says The Usos are in your city. They go on about how people said “he” could not be beat, but he was pinned at Money In the Bank. Paul Heyman interrupts with a mic and out he comes with Solo Sikoa.
Paul Heyman, who is still carrying the WWE Title and the WWE Universal Title on his shoulders, introduces himself but fans boo when he mentions Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. Fans chant “you suck!” as Heyman and Sikoa enter the ring. Heyman says he is Reigns’ defense counsel tonight for The Tribal Court, and he’s ready to show defense exhibit #1, but The Usos tell him to shut his mouth.
Paul Heyman says The Usos can’t tell him to shut up, only one man in WWE can tell him to stop talking. Solo places his arm over Heyman’s chest and he stops talking, shocking Heyman. Fans chant “Solo!” now as Sikoa walks over and stands in the corner by himself, looking over at his brothers, then back to Heyman. The Usos are also surprised.
The music interrupts and here comes The Tribal Chief Roman Reigns. Reigns stops on the stage and raises the gold in the air as the pyro goes off and Cole points to how the entire MSG crowd is standing. Reigns looks on towards the ring. Fans chant “you got pinned!” at Reigns. He calls on MSG to acknowledge him. He says yes, he did get pinned, but he’s still Tribal Chief. Fans chant “Tribal Chief!” now.
Roman Reigns says Jey and Jimmy are not Tribal Chiefs either. Jey says, “Yet.” Fans chant “Uso!” now. Reigns says if he didn’t call his Tribal Court, it’s not official. He asks who has the authority to call him out here. The Usos say Roman will not manipulate them this time. Jey says Reigns can check out this video package and try to spin that. The Usos’ Exhibit A shows clips of Reigns being aggressive or insulting all members of The Bloodline, including Heyman.
It sounds like fans chant “you f***ed up!” now as the chant is censored. Reigns says, no I didn’t. No, I didn’t. A “yes!” chant starts up. Reigns says that’s not who he is, that’s who he was forced to be. He didn’t want to lower himself and do all that, he did it for Jimmy, for Jey, for Solo. Another chant is censored, as is the stars of Reigns’ response. He goes on about how he was in the main event before The Bloodline, they needed him, not the other way around, he bent for the family, and now they compile his worst moments and embarrass him, while his kids are watching, his daughter is backstage.
Roman Reigns has his own family and didn’t need to take on The Usos’ families also. Reigns doesn’t need this in his life, the fame or anything. He’s done, he doesn’t want it, if The Usos want it, they can have it. Reigns drops the mic as he and Jey face off. Fans sing “goodbye!” now. Reigns removes his red lei and places it around Jey’s neck. Heyman and everyone else is shocked. Reigns rips his title belt off and tosses it to the side to a pop. Reigns slowly drops to his knees in front of Jey, preparing to acknowledge him. Jey places his hand on Reigns’ shoulder but Reigns suddenly drops him with a low blow.
Jimmy is watching this and he snaps. Jimmy superkicks Reigns while Reigns is still on his knees. Jimmy unloads until Solo makes the save, laying him out with a Samoan Spike. Fans chant “put it on!” as Solo picks up the lei. Reigns stares up at Solo, then stands up. Solo hands it to Reigns as fans boo. Jey attacks them both but Solo slams him with the Uranage.
Solo yells out, then Reigns drops Jimmy with a Superman Punch. Jimmy is sent to the floor as Reigns sends him into the steps and Solo takes apart the announce table. Jey attacks Reigns but Solo decks him. Solo holds Jey up on the apron while Reigns yells in his face, saying you will never be Tribal Chief as long as I’m around. Fans chant for The Usos.
Jimmy slowly gets up but Reigns drops him with a belt shot, then mounts him with more belt shots while Solo forces Jey to watch. Reigns sends Jimmy into the steel steps and ring post, then lays him into the barrier with half of the steel steps. Reigns with another stiff shot with the steps. Reigns stands tall to boos now. Jey fights free and drops Reigns, then mounts him with punches. Solo makes the save and drops Jey into the steps with a Samoan Spike. Solo tosses Jey over the announce table into the chairs. Reigns says to finish him.
Solo places Jimmy on the announce table while Reigns buries Jey under chairs next to the announce table. Officials rush down now to try and restore order. Solo goes to the top of the barrier and leaps off, splashing Jimmy to put him through the announce table. Reigns and Sikoa stand tall at ringside now. Heyman puts Reigns’ lei back around his neck while praising him. Fans pick up their boos. Heyman also gives Reigns his belt back. Sikoa stares down at his brother.
– Jimmy Uso is on a stretcher at backstage as medics rush him to a waiting ambulance. Jey Uso is running with them, yelling words of support to his brother. Jimmy is driven away in the ambulance, and Jey rides with him.
– Austin Theory defeated Sheamus via pinfall and successfully retained his WWE United States Championship. After the match, the music hits as Theory takes his title and quickly regroups at ringside with Pretty Deadly.
– We see some of WWE’s biggest moments in MSG from over the years.
– Grayson Waller in the ring and he is introduced for another must see edition of The Grayson Waller Effect. Waller says he’s living the dream… he hasn’t had a match yet but here he is in The World’s Most Famous Arena. Waller mentions how handsome he is but says tonight isn’t about him. He says MSG has seen some big moments but none as big as what his guest will announce tonight. The music hits and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Edge to a big pop.
Waller welcomes Edge and tells him to have a seat but Edge is fired up. He sits and speaks to the crowd but Waller interrupts and says let’s get to the big announcement. Edge brings up the 25th anniversary of his career and says we can celebrate tonight or next month in Toronto. Waller interrupts and asks why Edge is back. He says for the fans. Edge says he will get back to Waller, but for now he speaks to the fans about how they have opened their arms for him since the beginning.
Edge goes on until Waller interrupts and announces that Edge is retiring… give it up for him, this is his last time in MSG. Edge says Waller was in the ring with John Cena last week, and Edge this week, so someone must see something in him. Edge points to how Waller still hasn’t had a match on the main roster yet. Edge says Waller is doggy-paddling into some deep waters, and it’s time to sink or swim.
Edge says he is not retiring and in fact, he spoke with The Powers That Be tonight, and he will have a match tonight. Fans pop. Edge then announces that Waller will be his opponent. Edge passes off the mic and exits as a shocked Waller looks on and fans cheer.
– We see what happened earlier with The Bloodline. Michael Cole says Jimmy Uso is currently being evaluated by doctors and they hope to have an update before the end of the show.
– AJ Styles defeated Karrion Kross via pinfall. After the match, AJ and Yim celebrate as the music hits.
– Tonight’s Progressive Match Flo replay looks back at what happened last Friday with Asuka, Bianca Belair and Charlotte Flair.
– WWE Women’s Champion Asuka makes her way to the ring. Asuka is in the ring with her title. She laughs and says no one is ready for Asuka. The music immediately hits and out comes Bianca Belair. Belair rushes into the ring and they go at it. Belair tackles Asuka and mounts her. The music interrupts and out comes Charlotte Flair.
Flair rushes out but Belair meets her at ringside and they brawl. Flair rams Belair into the edge of the apron. Asuka attacks from the ring and then goes up top but IYO SKY attacks from behind, nailing her in the back with her Money In the Bank briefcase. Asuka hits the mat and then Bayley drops her with a Rose Plant. SKY then hits Asuka with a big moonsault to a pop.
Bayley hands the referee the briefcase so that SKY can cash-in, but Belair intercepts Bayley and sends her into the barrier. Flair rushes in and drops SKY with a big boot. SKY did not cash in. Asuka takes her title and recovers on the ramp as her music hits. Flair looks on from the ring.
– Edge defeated Grayson Waller via pinfall. After the match, Edge stands tall as the music hits. Edge takes the mic now and says, “Hey Waller… you swam.” This is a reference to the earlier promo. Fans pop as Edge drops the mic and heads out.
– We go backstage to Roman Reigns and Solo Sikoa. Paul Heyman approaches and tells his Tribal Chief that Jey Uso has returned to the building, and he’s looking for Reigns. Roman says Jey won’t have to look long because he will be in the ring waiting.
– The Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is already in the ring with Paul Heyman and Solo Sikoa. Reigns says he didn’t like how this went the first time, so we’re going to do it again. Reigns calls on Madison Square Garden and all of New York to acknowledge him. The Usos’ music quickly interrupts as Reigns and Solo prepare to fight but there’s no sign of Jey Uso.
Michael Cole says Jimmy Uso is still with doctors. Solo and Reigns start looking around the arena and finally here comes Jey through the crowd. Fans pop as Jey marches down the stairs through the crowd. Solo exits the ring and goes to meet Jey at the ringside barrier but Jey leaps over the barrier to attack. They go at it and Jey sends Solo into the ring post as Reigns watches from the ring.
Jey paces around at ringside now as fans cheer him on. Jey grabs a steel chair and rushes in with it but Reigns runs into the chair and goes down. Jey unloads but Solo intercepts the chair. Jey superkicks Solo, then beats him down with the chair and unloads with chair shots to keep him there as fans cheer. Reigns and Heyman both took advantage and have retreated to the stage area. Reigns seems to be hurting.
Jey picks up Reigns’ title belt in the middle of the ring now to another big pop. Reigns yells at Jey to put the title down. Jey takes the mic and says it’s like that now, it’s always been that way, you fools took Jimmy from me! Jey says Reigns is looking at the judge, jury and executioner right now. Jey says now he’s got to get Reigns… this is Tribal Combat now, Jey doesn’t give a damn about no brothers or Wiseman, it’s just he and Reigns, one-on-one.
Jey says Reigns better accept his challenge so he can whip Reigns’ ass one more time. Jey tosses the mic as his music hits. Roman Reigns looks on from the stage, seething and staring back as Jey Uso in the ring as the post-Money In the Bank edition of Friday Night SmackDown goes off the air.