Tonight’s WWE Monday Night Raw is live from the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina. It’s post Day 1 PPV edition of Raw and WWE announced three matches and a segment for the show.
– New WWE Champion Brock Lesnar to kick off the show
– Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens vs. Big E vs. Bobby Lashley and winner will get the WWE Title opportunity against Brock Lesnar
– AJ Styles vs. Omos
– Damian Priest (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler for the US Title
– Tonight’s WWE Monday Night Raw opened with Paul Heyman giving a big introduction to his client and new WWE Champion Brock Lesnar. He makes his way to the ring and tosses steel steps into the ring. Lesnar stands on the steps and thanked everyone. He says first he wants to give a big shout-out to his good buddy, WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
Lesnar says Roman Reigns is probably tuned in at home, watching the real champion. Lesnar sends get well soon wishes to Reigns. Then calls on South Carolina and tells them to acknowledge him. Lesnar also wants to acknowledge his advocate, for advocating his free agency, all the strings pulled on Saturday to help make him WWE Champion. Lesnar bows to Heyman and thanks him.
Now, Heyman takes the mic and says if you think it’s hot out here, you should see the things that go on behind-the-scenes, like his negotiations for Lesnar. Then, Heyman confirms Lesnar will defend his WWE Title at the Royal Rumble against the winner of tonight’s Fatal 4 Way. Heyman takes shot at each participate on tonight’s match and mentions how Reigns will be vulnerable on SmackDown without him.
Paul Heyman says for proof, look at how Reigns got COVID-19 in just one week without him. Heyman further talks about Lashley and MVP, noting how Lashley and Lesnar never met or spoke backstage, and it seemed like they avoided each other backstage, but not really. Heyman talks about the various interactions between Lesnar and Lashley at Day 1 WWE title match and says the Hurt Lock on Lesnar and the Spear through the barrier were testaments to how good Lashley is.
But every time he went at Lesnar on Saturday, it was from behind or from the side, and if he faces Lesnar at the Royal Rumble, it will have to be face-to-face. Heyman goes on and says Lashley will have to go down in history as a Brock Lesnar wanna-be. Heyman says Big E deserves an applause and was a great champion, who did WWE justice, and is all that and more. He further says Big E would still be champion if he didn’t have to get in the ring with Lesnar, and they have nothing but respect and admiration for him.
Paul Heyman says if Big E wins tonight, it will be an absolute honor to witness Big E vs. Brock Lesnar, even though he will lose, but lose to the greatest WWE Champion of all time. Heyman and Lesnar exit the ring with Lesnar putting his arm around his advocate. We see RAW Tag Team Champions Randy Orton and Riddle backstage. Heyman and Lesnar are shown again making their exit with Lesnar thanking Heyman.
– RK-Bro at backstage and Randy Orton asks Riddle where he’s been, and quickly says “no, no, no” to the Riddle, who is wearing gold chains around his neck. Riddle talks about how fun it was hanging out with Migos at WWE Day 1, and talks about his connections. Riddle proposes a new RK-Bro rap group but Orton isn’t interested, and isn’t sure how Riddle has all his celebrity connections. Orton takes Riddle’s gold chains and asks about their New Year’s resolutions they had. Orton is serious but Riddle keeps joking around.
– The Alpha Academy defeated RK-Bro via pinfall.
– Sarah Schreiber at backstage with MVP and Bobby Lashley. Schreiber asks about Brock Lesnar, but MVP interrupts and goes on about how Lashley has a Herculean task to complete to get the title shot from Lesnar. Now, Lashley simply says Brock Lesnar fears him.
– Omos at backstage with Kevin Patrick now. Patrick asks Omos about when AJ said he regrets taking Omos under his wing, and calling him a piece of… Omos interrupts by putting his entire hand over Patrick’s face. Omos says that’s how he feels and walks off.
– Reggie and WWE 24/7 Champion Dana Brooke defeated Akira Tozawa and Tamina Snuka via pinfall.
– WWE Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch makes her way to the ring. Lynch says here we are in 2022 and there’s something about the new year that inspires hope in people. It doesn’t matter if you failed last year, the past 5 years, or your whole life, things can change for the better when the clock strikes. Lynch knows all the women in the back have a title win at the top of their lists, and she admires their dedication, but at the top of her list is remaining champion.
Now, Becky Lynch goes on about how no one can beat her. Many have tried, but they all fail. Lynch talks about decisions she made in the last year and realized she’s become a work of art. She compares herself to a Van Gogh painting and says she makes us feel because that’s what good art does. Then, Becky insults people for having New Year’s Resolutions, takes a shot at South Carolina, and says the women in the back won’t be winning the title.
Becky then takes shots at Liv Morgan and says she broke her promise to herself, and the promise she had to all of the fans. Now music interrupts and here comes Liv Morgan to the stage. Morgan says new year but same ugly jacket and same delusional Becky. Liv says she knows, and Becky knows, just how close she was to winning the title on Saturday.
Now, Liv enters the ring and talks about how she gives it her all and leaves it all in the ring every time she gets the chance, and that’s exactly what she did at Day 1. Becky says that’s lovely and maybe one day Liv will win the title but not until Becky retires. Now music interrupts and here comes Bianca Belair. She talks some trash on her way to the ring and says she took a little Doudrop Detour, stepping aside to allow others a shot at the title, but now she’s back in line for Big Time Becks.
Lynch says Morgan and Belair have just fallen victim to her routine – beat, sleep, repeat. Liv mentions how Becky knows nothing about the locker room because she hasn’t been in there in years. Liv tells Belair to leave because she and Becky were in the middle of something. Belair says her history with Becky goes back farther. Now, Becky tells them to get out of her ring but figure out who’s going to be next, and then let her know.
Bianca Belair and Morgan started attacking Becky and tossing her from the ring. Now, Belair and Morgan have words and started brawling. Belair rams Liv back into the corner for shoulder thrusts. Liv fights back and drops her with a step-up kick. The brawl continues and Belair goes for the KOD but Becky grabs them from behind and drops Belair with the Manhandle Slam while Liv looks on from ringside on the floor. Becky picks her title and raises it in the air, and makes her exit.
– Kevin Owens at backstage with Seth Rollins. Rollins is glad Owens showed up so he can help him decide what to do with this Paul Heyman problem. Staple his mouth shut? Owens likes that idea but they can figure it out later, but first they need to figure out what to do in tonight’s fatal-4 way main event.
Then, Owens revealed his idea that one of them wins tonight, the other helps the winner to beat Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble, and then they go on to headline WrestleMania 38. Rollins loves the idea and says it’s a great plan. They agree that they can trust each other, and they’ve got a plan. Rollins walks off laughing. Owens yells and asks to make sure Rollins isn’t lying.
– The Queen Zelina Vega and Carmella defeated Rhea Ripley and Nikki A.S.H via pinfall and successfully retained their WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles.
– We got the video package of The Street Profits entering into the 2022 Royal Rumble match. Then, we got the another video package of Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio announcing their Royal Rumble spots.
– The Street Profits defeated Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez via pinfall.
– Schreiber at backstage with United States Champion Damian Priest. Priest says Ziggler wants the Damian side of him, but if he can keep the Priest side going tonight, he will retain. But it’s up to Ziggler if Priest wins with mercy or with a beating to Ziggler. Either way, either side, Priest says he will still be the US champion tonight.
– Doudrop interrupts Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville in their office. She’s upset over Liv Morgan and Bianca Belair going for the Raw Women’s Title and says the fans are also tired of seeing the same people challenge Becky Lynch. Doudrop demands for a title shot but Deville says they’re not in the business of giving handouts, but next week we will have Liv Morgan vs. Bianca Belair vs. Doudrop and the winner will face Becky Lynch at the Royal Rumble for Raw Women’s Championship. Doudrop says that’s more like it and walks off.
– Damian Priest defeated Dolph Ziggler via pinfall and successfully retained his United States Championship.
– WWE Chairman Vince McMahon at backstage on the phone, then, Austin Theory walks in. Vince says he didn’t tell Theory to come in, he just asked who was at the door. Then, Theory apologizes but Vince goes on about how apologizing is a weakness. Theory came to ask about his rematch to Finn Balor. Vince says it doesn’t matter because he lost to Balor, but he did then beat the holy hell out of Balor.
Vince McMahon then says that’s an admirable quality in a man, to always find a way to beat someone. Theory further talks about expecting the unexpected and how he surprised Balor, and Vince likes that. Vince tells Theory to take a seat. Vince announces that Austin Theory will be in the 30-Man Royal Rumble and if he wins, he will go on to main event WrestleMania against the champion of his choosing. Theory is very happy with it.
– The Miz and Maryse makes their way to the ring. Miz takes the mic and says he and Maryse are outraged over the outcome at Day 1. He was one Skull Crushing Finale away from defeating Edge, which would’ve gotten him the respect he deserves. He reminds us he’s the only two-time Grand Slam Champion in WWE history. Miz says that puts him ahead of his peers, but he still has to prove himself in a match against Edge, who is a one-time Grand Slam Champion.
Miz says there were also questionable referee calls in the match. Miz further says he saw the look of defeat in Edge’s eyes, the look of someone needing their mommy, or in Edge’s case, his wife. He continued that Beth allowed Edge to steal a pathetic victory but we all know Edge deserved to lose, for what he did to them last week. Miz shows us how last week’s wedding vow renewal ceremony ended.
Miz yells at the fans for enjoying what happened to them last week and says this doesn’t effect them because they know true love always wins. Miz goes on and Maryse talks up and says she would punch Phoenix in the face if she were here tonight. Now, music interrupts and here comes The Glamazon Beth Phoenix. She stops on the stage and then Edge makes his way out, and they both making their way to the ring.
Beth Phoenix asks Maryse to repeat herself. Edge says that’s what they thought. Edge says most people would take the loss and move on, but unfortunately he knows Miz better than that. Edge goes that he knew Miz would come out and whine and make excuses for the loss. Beth says what happened at Day 1 was all her idea. Edge says he would’ve won at Day 1 if Beth was involved or not.
Then, Edge says he and Beth are crazy enough to give Miz and Maryse what they want and proposes a mixed tag team match at the Royal Rumble. Fans chant “yes!” and Miz asks if they’re serious. Miz puts his wife over and Beth tells him a simple yes or no will do, so what’s it going to be? Miz says they accept the challenge but Maryse is not happy with it. Beth tries to punch Maryse, and Maryse fell down on mat. Miz tends to Maryse in the corner but Maryse just rolls out of the ring, and still seems unhappy. Maryse storms to the back and Miz going with her.
– Kevin Patrick at backstage with Big E, and he says being WWE Champion meant a lot to him, and to other people, and losing to Brock Lesnar is not a bad thing, but we don’t allow in self pity and we don’t stay down, we make sure our next chapter is our best. Big E says he has the chance to right all his wrongs and tonight he starts the path back to reclaiming his WWE Title, and there’s not a soul on Earth who can stop him and walks off.
– Omos defeated AJ Styles via pinfall.
– Bobby Lashley defeated Seth Rollins, Big E and Kevin Owens and became the new #1 contender for the WWE Championship. After the match, Bobby Lashley celebrates on the ring and WWE officially announces Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley for the WWE Title at Royal Rumble 2022.
Brock Lesnar at backstage watching the match in TV. Kevin Patrick approaches him and asks for a comment. Lesnar says, “A comment? I do have a comment. Tell Roman Reigns I’ll see him this Friday on SmackDown.” Lesnar turns back to watching Lashley in the ring, who is continuing his celebration with MVP and Raw goes off air.