In a shocking turn of events, former WWE talent Javier Bernal has come forward with a candid account of his release from the company. According to Bernal, the move caught him off guard, as he had only recently re-signed a new deal with the organization.
The Unexpected Departure
During a recent appearance on the January 18, 2026 episode of the ‘Wrestling with the Truth’ podcast, Bernal revealed that his release from WWE was a result of a ‘miscommunication’ between himself and the company’s upper management. Bernal, who had been a staple on WWE’s NXT brand, expressed his disappointment and frustration with the situation, stating that he felt blindsided by the decision.
“It was a shock to the system, to be honest,” Bernal said. “I had just re-signed a new deal, and I thought I was in a good place with the company. But I guess that wasn’t the case.”
A Sudden Change of Plans
Bernal’s release from WWE has left many in the wrestling world scratching their heads. Sources close to the situation confirm that Bernal’s new deal was still in its early stages, and that he had been working diligently to prove himself as a key player in the WWE roster.
According to a WWE insider, Bernal’s release was not the result of any major creative difference or performance issue. Instead, it appears that the company’s upper management saw an opportunity to go in a different direction and decided to cut ties with Bernal.
“It’s not always about the talent itself, but about what the company needs at any given time,” the insider explained. “Javier was a talented performer, but sometimes these decisions are made based on a larger strategy.”
A Devastating Blow to Aspiring Wrestlers
Bernal’s story has sent shockwaves throughout the wrestling community, with many aspiring wrestlers feeling a sense of uncertainty and concern about their own prospects. According to Bernal, the WWE’s decision to release him was a harsh reminder that even the most dedicated and passionate individuals can fall victim to the ever-changing landscape of the wrestling industry.
“It’s a tough business, and you have to be prepared for anything,” Bernal said. “But it’s not just about the performers – it’s about the people behind the scenes who support them. When you get released, it’s not just a punch to the gut – it’s a blow to the entire team.”
A Message to WWE’s Aspiring Talent
Bernal’s experience serves as a cautionary tale for aspiring wrestlers looking to break into the WWE. With the constant flux of talent in and out of the company, it’s essential for performers to stay adaptable, focused, and committed to their craft.
According to a WWE insider, the company is taking steps to support its talented performers, providing them with the necessary tools and resources to succeed in the industry.
“We’re always looking for ways to help our talent grow and develop,” the insider said. “It’s not always easy, but we’re committed to giving our performers the best possible opportunity to succeed.”
A New Beginning for Javier Bernal
Despite the setback, Bernal remains optimistic about his future in the wrestling industry. With a renewed sense of purpose and determination, he is already looking to the horizon, exploring new opportunities and possibilities.
“It’s not the end of the world,” Bernal said. “It’s just a new chapter. And I’m excited to see what the future holds.”
As the wrestling world continues to grapple with the implications of Bernal’s release, one thing is clear: the WWE’s decision to let go of this talented performer has sent a ripple effect throughout the community, serving as a reminder that in the world of professional wrestling, nothing is ever certain.