The WWE Payback go-home edition of WWE Friday Night SmackDown opens up with a video package on The Bloodline’s ongoing drama, mainly the issues between The Usos. We’re now live from the GIANT Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside by Kevin Patrick and Corey Graves.
Here The WWE Friday Night Smackdown Full Results
– Tonight’s WWE Smackdown opened with The 16-time world champion John Cena making his way to the ring to a huge pop. Cena rushes the ring as Mike Rome does the introduction.
Cena takes the mic and welcomes everyone to a sold out GIANT Center. Fans interrupt with a “Cena!” chant. Cena mentions fans giving him 20 years of memories of sliding into the ring, and it never gets old, it just gets better. Cena goes on and thanks the fans… for all you have given, and all you continue to give. The fans have given Cena the chance to come home again, and it feels good, the chance to be a part of SmackDown for a few months, and the chance to wrestle in India for the first time, which he is thankful for.
Cena says he just found this out backstage but he’s also been given the chance to host WWE Payback tomorrow night. Fans pop. Cena goes on and says as much as the fans have given him, he will do his best to give back to them. Cena says that starts right now tonight with SmackDown. He goes on hyping up the show and says tonight we will have the chance to see Cena face to face with… the music interrupts and out comes Jimmy Uso to boos.
Uso enters the ring to boos. He and Cena size each other up. Fans chant for Jey Uso now. Cena says this feisty bunch is talking about what they want. Uso asks Cena what he’s doing here. Fans boo. Uso says don’t boo him… what are you doing here, John? Uso says these people came to see him. Jimmy says they didn’t come to just see him, they came to find out why. Jimmy says it’s simple – he’d save his brother over and over again, he did what he did at SummerSlam because he loves his brother. He didn’t want to see Jey be corrupted like Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, or like Cena.
Uso knocks Cena’s light blue shirt. Cena admits he has an identifiable fashion sense, and he never gives up on it. Uso says Cena is in his ring now, and Cena is exactly like Reigns. Fans boo. Cena asks how. Uso says Cena and Reigns only take and take and take… the only difference is, Cena does it with a smile on his face. Fans chant “Cena!” now. Cena says he’s got to stop Uso for two seconds now… Cena gets closer and says he knows Uso has a lot on his mind and has been trying to make sense of it… Cena says he’s been wanting to say this to Jimmy for three years – the wrong Uso quit. Cena tells Uso to take that.
Uso turns and looks back at Cena. Uso goes for a superkick but Cena blocks it, then slams him with an Attitude Adjustment in the middle of the ring for a big pop. Cena heads to the floor to celebrate with fans as we see Uso down and trying to recover at ringside. Cena heads to the stage as the music hits. He stops and salutes the crowd.
– Kayla Braxton backstage with Austin Theory and Grayson Waller. She asks about John Cena hosting Payback and they just laugh. Theory laughs and says please, he beat Cena at WrestleMania 39. Waller hypes up what they will do at Payback, respectively. Theory says if Kayla is done drooling over Cena, she can get ready to see the world’s greatest tag team do what they do. They crack some more jokes and head out.
– We see Jimmy Uso at backstage. He yells at a production assistant and tells him to say his name… do you know who I am? The worker nods in fear as Uso hurries off.
– Austin Theory and Grayson Waller defeated The LWO (Santos Escobar and Rey Mysterio) via pinfall.
– Mia Yim is talking to Adam Pearce in his office now. She thinks she’s ready to go, she just needs… Jimmy Uso storms in to interrupt. Pearce says his attitude is horrible. They have a few words and Pearce says you can’t go around being rude to everyone… what’s wrong with you? Uso looks at Pearce and asks if that’s it. Yeah. Uso walks out. Pearce apologizes to Yim but she’s not bothered.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Bobby Lashley to a pop and pyro. Lashley, wearing a suit, is all smiles as he greets fans on the way to the ring. Lashley enters, then poses in the corner.
– Mia Yim is venting to Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson about Jimmy Uso disrespecting her. They tell her to stay out of The Bloodline’s business. AJ Styles walks up and Yim tells him what happened. Gallows and Anderson say it’s no big deal. AJ says no, it is a big deal. AJ says he will handle this. He walks off as Gallows and Anderson look on and Yim nods.
– We go back to the ring and fans pop for Lashley. Lashley says fans know how to make someone feel good. He goes on and says we have business to handle tonight. He says no matter where he goes, everyone wants to know what’s going on with Lashley and The Street Profits.
Lashley says the answer is simple – real recognizes, great recognizes great, and that’s why I recognize The Street Profits. The music hits and out comes Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins, wearing suits. Fans pop as the red Solo cups fall. They head to the ring as Lashley looks on.
Lashley begins praising The Profits as charismatic, athletic, and more aggressive than they have ever been. Ford tells Lashley to hold up… tonight is not about The Profits, it’s about The Profits showing gratitude to Lashley for what he’s done for them. Ford says it’s been a long time since they had this much success. Ford says they have fresh cuts, fresh threads, and they are sexy. Dawkins praises Lashley and says since this friendship was formed, Lashley has shown them the bigger picture.
Dawkins says they have stepped over what was, to what is. Ford says it’s nothing personal, it’s only Profits. Ford says they only have 2 words for you, partner – thank you. Lashley says he appreciates it but they don’t have to thank him, they can thank him with continued success.
Bobby Lashley says they are sending a message to the entire WWE Universe, they are putting everyone on notice – they are coming for power, control, and championship gold. Some fans pop. Lashley says they are coming for it all. Lashley tosses the mic as his music hits and they embrace, then leave together.
Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits are walking up the ramp when the music hits and out comes Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champion Kevin Owens. Owens stops and looks down the ramp. The music hits again and out comes Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champion Sami Zayn now.
The champs head down the ramp but Lashley and The Profits are in the way. The two sides briefly face off, then Lashley and The Profits let Owens and Zayn pass. The Profits mockingly wave Owens and Zayn by, while singing Zayn’s song. Owens and Zayn hit the ring and raise the titles for a pop.
– The Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn defeated The LWO (Joaquin Wilde and Cruz Del Toro) via pinfall. After the match, Sami and Owens stand tall in the middle of the ring with the titles. Sami takes the mic and sends a warning to The Judgment Day for their Steel City Street Fight at Payback tomorrow. Sami says this will not be pretty or fun, but they should bring all they have because this will be the fight of your life.
– We go backstage and see Jimmy Uso getting ready to leave. AJ Styles walks up to him and confronts him over how he disrespected Mia Yim. They argue and then start shoving each other. Solo Sikoa suddenly rushes over and levels AJ to knock him down, but Jimmy is also sent to the floor. Solo looks down at Jimmy now.
Solo tells Jimmy he’s not out of The Bloodline until they say he’s out of The Bloodline. Jimmy jumps back to his feet and says there’s nothing Solo, Roman Reigns or Paul Heyman can tell him to do. Jimmy walks out the side door as Solo looks on.
– We see what just happened with Jimmy Uso, AJ Styles and Solo Sikoa. Cathy Kelley is backstage with AJ now, and she asks about what went down before the break. AJ says The Bloodline thinks they run SmackDown, WWE and everything else, but they don’t. AJ says he wants Solo in a match tonight so he can knock his teeth down his throat and show him who runs SmackDown.
Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and Mia Yim show up. Anderson and Gallows advise AJ to not get involved in The Bloodline’s stuff. Yim disagrees and says don’t listen to Gallows and Anderson. AJ says no, they need to be reminded that this is The House AJ Styles Built. AJ storms off as Gallows and Anderson watch. Yim nods in approval.
– The Miz makes his way to the ring. He’s in a suit, to mostly boos from the crowd. We see recent happenings between Miz and LA Knight. Miz takes the mic and says at Payback tomorrow night, LA will have the biggest match of his career. Miz goes on and says we saw how easy it was for Miz to become LA Knight on RAW. Fans chant for LA now.
Miz continues his rant on how LA is not on his level. Miz says LA is not half the star he is right now, or even 10 years ago. The music hits and out comes LA Knight to a huge pop. LA hits the ring as fans chant for him. LA takes the mic and asks to talk to ya… fans pop. LA says Miz is always doing his cosplay thing… he’s done The Rock, John Cena and now LA Knight. Yeah. LA says those three guys have something in common… besides Miz not being able to fill out there clothes, ya little turd.
Knight says those three guys are who Miz wants to be. LA goes on about how he’s fought up from the gutter, from roach-infested apartments, the very bottom, working every dirty job he could and relying on payday loans. LA agrees with Miz that LA is it not on his level… LA says Miz came in through reality TV but LA fought his way in so yes, they are not on the same level… LA is way up here and Miz is way down there. He says Miz could not walk a day in his boots.
Miz fires back and talks about how LA has failed where he succeeded. Miz says LA isn’t telling us about how he was also on a reality show, called The Hero, but not many know because LA was the first contestant to be eliminated. Miz says he got here in 3 years but it took LA 20. Miz says he succeeds because he’s a star. He goes on ranting but LA interrupts and says Miz only succeeded because takes advantage of every situation.
LA Knight knocks Miz for not being the star of his own show, Miz & Maryse, as Maryse was the star. LA says Miz was just on the show as a baggage handler, carrying around your little giblets. A “tiny balls!” chant tries to start up. LA tells Miz to send his regards to Maryse. LA says to tell her when he gives her a broken husband after Payback tomorrow, she’s going to feel empty inside but he can fix that with one phone call to this guy – LA.
Miz rips LA some more and says people love LA and relate to him because they are also failures and they settle for mediocrity. Miz goes on and says LA has had losses but he never gave up, and that gives him the chance to do something the fans could never do -succeed.
Miz says LA is going up against a real Superstar that crushes the hopes and dreams of others. Miz says at Payback he’s not just LA’s opponent, he will be a human time traveler and when he defeats LA, LA will lose everything and be forced to go back to that roach-infested apartment, where he will be cutting promos in front of the mirror like it’s 2003 again.
LA says of all the stupid things Miz said, he was right when he said LA never quit. LA says he does not know how to quit. LA says Miz wants to constantly live in the past. He goes on and says about that time machine… Miz should get in it because his present is trash and his future looks even worse because at Payback, Miz will get stomped out and he will learn, in the present and future, whose game this is.
LA starts to spell his name with the crowd but Miz attacks with a cheap shot. They go at it and LA ducks a clothesline but gets jabbed in the throat. Miz then puts LA down with a Skull Crushing Finale in the middle of the ring as fans boo. Miz takes the mic and says if LA wants to talk about the future, then that’s his future.
The music hits as Miz makes his exit while LA Knight is still laid out in the ring. Miz heads to the back now but LA jumps up and runs at him from behind, attacking on the ramp. LA unloads with shots as fans cheer him on. Officials rush out to try and restore order by pulling LA off Miz. Miz quickly retreats to the back as LA is held back by officials. Fans chant “LA!” to end the segment.
– We get a replay of Damage CTRL attacking Bianca Belair two weeks ago and injuring her knee.
– Shotzi defeated Bayley via pinfall with help of Charlotte Flair. After the match, Shotzi stands tall as her music hits. Flair comes in and raises Shotzi’s arm in victory as they stand over Bayley.
– Still to come, AJ Styles vs. Solo Sikoa.
– This week’s Progressive Match Flo video looks back at what’s going on with Shinsuke Nakamura and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins.
– The announcers hype the WWE Payback card now.
– We get a replay of what happened earlier with John Cena and Jimmy Uso.
– Solo Sikoa defeated AJ Styles via pinfall with some help of Jimmy Uso. After the match, Solo stands tall in the middle of the ring as the music hits. Solo yells out in victory now. Jimmy enters the ring and he’s all smiles as he hugs Solo from behind. A confused Heyman watches from the apron now as Solo and Jimmy face off. Jimmy is smiling until Solo lays him out with a Samoan Spike. Solo and Heyman exit now as Jimmy gets back up.
AJ struggles to his feet when Jimmy superkicks him back down. Solo and Heyman stop and watch from the ramp now as Jimmy goes up top for a big Uso Splash to AJ. Jimmy stands at the ropes and looks out at Solo and Heyman on the ramp. Jimmy raises 1 finger in the air now. Heyman is talking to someone on the phone… perhaps The Tribal Chief?
Michael Cole says it looks like Jimmy wants back in The Bloodline. Jimmy looks on from the ring with his 1 in the air as Solo and Heyman look back from the middle of the ramp. The WWE Payback go-home edition of Friday Night SmackDown goes off the air.