– Tonight’s WWE Monday Night Raw is live from the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida. Samantha Irvin introduces The Judgment Day and they are already in the ring – Finn Balor, Damian Priest, WWE Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley. Priest calls on everyone to rise for The Judgment Day. Ripley goes on about how they run the main shows but they also run WWE NXT now. Balor hypes up each member and shows us a video on the man of the hour. We see how Dominik Mysterio won the NXT North American Title from Wes Lee last Tuesday.
We come back from the video and fans are already booing. Ripley says it is her honor to introduce the hottest man she knows. The music hits and out comes Dominik to loud heat. Kevin Patrick welcomes us to WWE Raw and he’s joined at ringside by Corey Graves. The boos get louder as Dominik raises the title and declares himself to be the new NXT North American Champion. To celebrate his win, he shows us a brief video hyping himself up. Fans chant “you suck!” now.
Dominik says he is your new NXT North American Champion but the music interrupts and out come the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions – Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. Fans pop big for Owens and Zayn as they speak from the stage. Owens says it feels like we did this last week. The Judgment Day came to the ring and tried to talk tough, no one believed the one with the mullet. Owens hates when no one learns a lesson, and The Judgment Day didn’t learn last week.
Kevin Owens rips into Dominik about how no one will ever care what he says and if he wants to help the business, just shut up. Fans pop. Dominik says he’s a champion now and will not be disrespected. Sami goes on and proposes a match with Dominik tonight. Dominik tells him to come get some. Sami brings up how The Judgment Day got them to defend their titles last week, so Dominik should do the same tonight with his title. Ripley accepts the challenge for Dominik as The Judgment Day’s music starts back up to end the segment.
– Kevin Patrick and Corey Graves hype up tonight’s Monday Night Raw.
– Becky Lynch defeated Zoey Stark via pinfall. After the match, Lynch stands tall and celebrates. A disappointed Trish looks on as Lynch taunts her. Graves confirms that Lynch has earned a future match against Stratus.
– We see how Brock Lesnar ruined Cody Rhodes’ homecoming in Atlanta last week, destroying him in front of his family. The announcers hype Lesnar vs. Rhodes III at SummerSlam as we see Rhodes walking backstage.
– We see WWE Raw theme song artist Mo Williams in the front row.
– Cody Rhodes makes his way to the ring to a big pop. The pyro hits as Rhodes poses and then heads to the ring. Rhodes poses in the corner to more pyro now. He greets Tampa and apologizes for briefly turning his back on part of the crowd so he can say hello to everyone in the arena. Rhodes brings up last week’s attack from Brock Lesnar and how it was in front of his mother.
Rhodes says his mother was not impressed by this assault, mentioning how she saw WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes go to war with other wrestlers like WWE Hall of Famer Terry Funk. Cody says his mother knows Lesnar made one big mistake – he left Cody breathing. Cody doesn’t want to go to SummerSlam to win the rubber match, he wants to embarrass Lesnar. He says some backstage are saying oh no, Cody is poking the bear… Cody says no, he’s not poking the bear, he’s slapping it across the face and saying come get some. Fans chant “Cody!” now.
Cody says he doesn’t want to beat Lesnar at SummerSlam because of ramifications on his career, but because Lesnar deserves it. Cody goes on and says one day when he’s looking back on his career, he will know the Lesnar chapter wasn’t pretty, but he closed the chapter with a pin. Cody will end this. Cody poses in the corner to a pop from the crowd.
– We see recent happenings between Ricochet and Logan Paul. Jackie Redmond at backstage with Ricochet now. He’s thrilled that Paul accepted his invite to come to Raw tonight but he doesn’t get the guy and how he shows up when he wants, all because he’s a star on YouTube? Ricochet says that’s hilarious. He says, respectfully Jackie, everything I have to say to Paul, I want to say to his face. Ricochet walks off.
– Dominik Mysterio defeated Sami Zayn via pinfall and successfully retained his WWE NXT North American Championship. At the closing moments of the match, Damian Priest and Rhea Ripley attacked Kevin Owens on stage. Sami Zayn got distracted and Dominik rolls up for pin to retain title.
After the bell, Priest and Ripley go right back to the back as Sami, Adam Pearce and a medic tend to Owens on the stage. Dominik takes his title and quickly retreats through the crowd to boos.
– We see what just happened in the NXT North American Title match. Kevin Owens is backstage being tended to, clutching his ribs and selling a hurt arm.
– The announcers show us what happened on last week’s SmackDown between Jey Uso and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns to set up Tribal Combat at SummerSlam.
– Shinsuke Nakamura at backstage when Ricochet walks up, looking for Logan Paul. Nakamura hasn’t seen him. Ricochet asks him to send Paul his way if he does spot him. Nakamura turns around and Tommaso Ciampa is standing there smiling. Ciampa acknowledges how he got involved in Nakamura vs. Bronson Reed last week and gave Reed the DQ win, and he will let Nakamura’s post-match kick to the face slide, but this isn’t charity and you only get one free.
Ciampa says if he sees Nakamura out there tonight during his match with Reed, then that means they have a problem. Understood? Nakamura just looks ahead. Ciampa says that was a good talk, then walks off.
– The Judgment Day is walking at backstage with Dominik Mysterio bragging about his win. Apollo Crews is talking to Akira Tozawa when The Judgment Day bumps into them and accuses them of disrespect. They intimidate Tozawa into running away. Crews and Priest have words and a match is made for later. The Judgment Day walks off and Tozawa comes back to tell Crews he’s got this.
– Bronson Reed defeated Tommaso Ciampa via pinfall. After the match, Reed stands tall as the music hits. Ciampa is not happy.
– We see how Sonya Deville and Chelsea Green won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles last week. Liv Morgan at backstage with Byron Saxton now. She confirms Raquel Rodriguez suffered a serious knee injury in the attack by Rhea Ripley last week, but says Raquel is a big girl and will be back soon to take out Ripley. Liv then has words for Ripley ahead of their match tonight, saying she will not back down. Liv heads out.
Green and Deville show up now, knocking Saxton for interviewing Morgan instead of them. Ripley shows up and they hurry off. Ripley says she warned Morgan and Rodriguez to stay out of her business, but they didn’t listen, so she took Raquel out, and Liv is next. Ripley asks Saxton if he sees a pattern forming. Ripley walks off.
– We see WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins at backstage talking to Adam Pearce for tonight’s contract signing.
– Liv Morgan making her way to the ring for this non-title match against Rhea Ripley. Liv is suddenly blindsided at ringside by WWE Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley. Ripley launches Morgan into the barriers and continues to destroy her at ringside. Ripley rolls Liv in and follows with a steel chair, then decks her. Ripley holds Liv’s arm down, making her scream out. Ripley talks trash and smashes the arm with a chair. Liv cries out.
Ripley tells Liv to get out of her business, she warned her. Liv is crying as officials tend to her. Ripley attacks again, wraps the chair around the arm and then stomps it. Ripley yells about how this is her division as the boos continue. Ripley makes her exit with the title in the air, still talking trash while Liv is being tended to.
– We see what just happened to Liv Morgan. Liv is back in the trainer’s room now and her arm is hurting.
– We see how The Viking Raiders won the six-person Viking Rules match over Alpha Academy last week. Alpha Academy at backstage now. Chad Gable dismisses last week’s loss and says no one even knows what Viking Rules are, so how about Academy Rules? Gable says they put his head through a shield, so he will put them through a chalkboard.
Maxxine Dupri interrupts and doesn’t know why Valhalla has such a problem with her. Maxxine goes on ranting about Valhalla and says no one puts the Alpha Queen through a table. Maxxine says they will do this her way… her first singles match will be with Valhalla. She says she will see Valhalla next week. Otis yells out to end the segment, oh yeah!
– Ricochet makes his way to the ring. He takes the mic and starts calling out Logan Paul. Ricochet gives Paul some props, but says he, Ricochet, is special every time he steps in the ring. Ricochet goes on about how Paul doesn’t belong in WWE, and how he can never relate to the sacrifices they make. Ricochet wants a match with Paul at SummerSlam.
Ricochet calls Paul out again but Paul suddenly drops him from behind. Paul, while streaming live on his phone, says he accepts the SummerSlam challenge and says he will show you all why he is the best in WWE. Fans boo. Paul knocks a fan in the front row, calling him a virgin who needs to get laid.
Logan Paul goes on ranting until Ricochet flies to take him down, then hits a Standing Shooting Star Press. Ricochet takes the phone and films while saying something to Paul, then tosses the phone onto him. Ricochet leaves as his music hits.
– Jackie Redmond at backstage with Shayna Baszler now. Redmond brings up Ronda Rousey but Baszler is sick of hearing that name in reference to everything she’s doing. Baszler says talking or a match won’t settle it, so the only way to settle it is to handle Rousey in the only language she knows. Baszler says at SummerSlam… she is going to fight Rousey. Baszler walks off.
– Byron Saxton stops Logan Paul at backstage. Paul says what Ricochet did was so unprofessional. Paul feels violated and victimized but it doesn’t matter as he’s coming for Ricochet on next week’s Raw and he will pop Ricochet’s stupid bald head. Paul walks off.
– Damian Priest defeated Apollo Crews via pinfall. After the match, Priest stands tall as the music hits, raising his Money In the Bank briefcase in the air.
– Jackie Redmond stops Becky Lynch at backstage and she’s in a great mood. Lynch says this thing with Trish Stratus is not over until Lynch wins.
– We get a promo from The Viking Raiders. Erik and Ivar say it’s well known in the nine realms that no one likes to fight as much as The Vikings, and the Gods are pleased when The Vikings fight in their names. Valhalla addresses Maxxine Dupri and says she’s glad to accept her foolish challenge because after all, the Gods do smile to women in battle. Valhalla goes on and offers Dupri a piece of advice – consult those Gods because you’re going to need them.
– Imperium – WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER, Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci makes their way to the ring. Now, Drew McIntyre comes out to a pop as Imperium looks on. McIntyre poses in the corner as pyro goes off.
Drew brings up how GUNTHER was making challenges last week while he was away. Drew challenges GUNTHER to a match right now. GUNTHER goes on about how he’s brought prestige to the title while Drew is undeserving, adding that Drew fits in with the degenerates of Tampa. GUNTHER knocks Drew for being a failure and brings up how he humiliated Drew at WrestleMania 39.
GUNTHER says if Drew wants to ride his coattails, he accepts the challenge but says he will humiliate Drew again at SummerSlam. Fans give GUNTHER the “What!?” chants here. Drew addresses WrestleMania and how he and Sheamus wanted to steal the show for years with their own WrestleMania match. They did that this year but GUNTHER slid in while they were at their weakest, and picked their bones to win. Drew says things will be different at SummerSlam… he will prove why he’s called The Chosen One, The Scottish Psychopath and so on… he will beat GUNTHER’s ass to become the new WWE Intercontinental Champion.
Kaiser steps up to Drew and says he will not allow him to disrespect The Ring General like this. Drew actually likes Kaiser and thinks he should be the leader of Imperium because he’s fun to watch while GUNTHER is like watching paint dry. Drew says since GUNTHER won’t fight him tonight, how about Kaiser? Drew and Ludwig face off now. Drew yells for a referee as they trash talk.
– Drew McIntyre defeated Ludwig Kaiser via pinfall. After the match, McIntyre stands tall but he’s immediately attacked by GUNTHER with a big German suplex. Imperium triple teams Drew now until Matt Riddle runs down to make the save. Riddle unloads on Imperium until GUNTHER runs over him with a big boot, then a powerbomb in the middle of the ring to boos.
GUNTHER goes back to the floor and drops Drew, then works him over while talking trash. Fans chant for tables now. GUNTHER takes apart the announce table and goes to powerbomb Drew through it, but Drew back-drops him to counter. Drew then powerbombs GUNTHER through the announce table to a big pop. Drew trash talking GUNTHER while holding the title in his face.
– Jackie Redmond approaches Ronda Rousey at backstage, and brings up how Shayna Baszler said she wants a fight at Summer Slam. Rousey asks, a fight? She says Baszler can’t challenge her to any fight… Rousey doesn’t get in a fight, she only fights in the fight. Rousey says challenge accepted, then she walks off.
– Finn Balor makes his way to the ring for the SummerSlam contract signing to make the WWE World Heavyweight Title match official. Balor slowly marches to the ring. Balor is at the table for a contract signing. He says Adam Pearce was supposed to oversee this signing, but he has his hands full with all the chaos tonight. Fans start singing already. Balor says he and his opponent are both professionals, and they both want this match, so he thinks they can handle this like gentlemen.
Balor calls Seth Rollins out so they can sign this contract and make the SummerSlam match official. The music hits and out comes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion to a big pop. Fans are singing his song. Rollins enters the ring, signs the contract and pushes it to Balor. Rollins sits back and puts his feet up on the table.
Rollins goes on about how Balor has no chance at beating him for the title. Seth Rollins says if somehow Balor pulls it off, then his title reign will be even shorter than his Universal Title reign because his boy Damian Priest will cash in on him. Rollins says Balor knows this is true because he’d do the same to Priest.
Rollins says SummerSlam will not be a coronation of The Judgment Day, it will be the end of The Judgment Day. Balor signs the contract. Balor goes on about how Rollins thinks he’s so smart with everything figured out… Rollins thinks he runs the place but he doesn’t, The Judgment Day does. Damian Priest is seen coming through the crowd, while NXT North American Champion Dominik Mysterio comes through another part of the crowd. WWE Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley comes walking down the ramp as fans boo.
Balor says he’s been losing for 7 years and it’s driving him slowly insane, and this is all because of you, Seth. Balor asks Rollins if he knows what insanity feels like. The other members of The Judgment Day hit the apron now. Fans begin singing for Rollins. Balor says this insanity is like a 7 year itch, so he’s going to make Rollins his 7 year bitch. Rollins suddenly tosses the title at Balor, then tips over the table to knock Priest off the apron.
Seth Rollins fights off Balor and Dominik, but turns around to a Money In the Bank briefcase shot from Priest. Fans boo. The music hits and out comes Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champion Sami Zayn with a steel chair. Sami hits the ring and ducks a briefcase shot from Priest, then unloads on Dominik and Priest. Ripley grabs the chair from Sami as he goes to swing it, allowing Balor to tackle Sami from behind.
Finn Balor works Sami over now to boos. Officials rush down to try and restore order but Ripley and Dominik start tossing furniture out at them. Priest with a South of Heaven chokeslam to Sami. They toss Sami to the floor, then bury him under furniture at ringside.
Balor stalks Rollins in the ring now. Rollins is on his knees as The Judgment Day corners him. Rollins attacks first but they beat him down. Priest with a big Razor’s Edge to Rollins in the middle of the ring. Dominik goes up top and nails a Frogsplash on Rollins. Balor then goes up top and hits a Coup de Grace on Rollins as the boos get louder. Balor raises the title over Rollins, then drops it onto him while talking trash. The Judgment Day stands tall in the middle of the ring while Rollins is laid out and Monday Night Raw goes off the air.