Tonight’s WWE Monday Night Ra is live from the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina as Kevin Patrick welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside by Corey Graves.
Here The WWE Monday Night Raw Full Results
The Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens make their way to the ring. We see video from Friday Night SmackDown and how they set up Solo Sikoa and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens and SamiZayn for WWE Night of Champions.
Sami Zayn says they are excited about Night of Champions, revealing that they also just found out about the match on Friday, and were just as surprised as everyone else. Sami says Reigns and Solo look like a big threat to their titles on paper, but they don’t see it like that, they see this as a gift because it’s a big chance for revenge on Reigns.
Sami goes on about how thy should’ve won their respective title matches with Reigns, but Reigns has cheated his way through an entire title reign, he’s gone un-checked, but now they will check him. Sami says Reigns has gone un-checked for too long and now doesn’t know when to stop. He says they thought revenge would come by making sure The Bloodline crumbles, but Reigns is making sure that happens on his own. Sami goes on about pushing this title stuff too hard, and pushing The Usos too hard.
Sami calls Reigns a psycho for the other titles not being enough, and a 1000-day reign not being enough, then says Reigns cannot have these titles. The music interrupts and here comes The Judgment Day – Finn Balor, Damian Priest, Dominik Mysterio and SmackDown Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley. Owens is so glad The Judgment Day is out here because he’s sick and tired of talking about The Bloodline.
Kevin Owens is fired up, annoyed at Sami ranting on The Bloodline. Owens doesn’t know why or care why The Judgment Day, but if they want to fight, they’ve got it. Sami apologizes for starting at a 10, and says they have no issue with The Judgment Day. Priest says Owens is right, he wants to fight. Priest enters first but Balor calms him. Balor says they came to wish Owens and Zayn good luck but it looks like they’re just right back where they started. They taunt Zayn and Owens over getting beat up by Reigns.
Finn Balor says if they win somehow at Night of Champions, there will be a line of Superstars waiting for a title shot and the line starts with The Judgment Day. Rhea Ripley speaks up and reminds them how The Judgment Day runs Monday Night Raw. Fans boo and cheer. Sami says they have some fantastic points, but he wants to know what Dominik has to say because people love when Dominik speaks. The loud boos start up. Dominik keeps trying to speak but the boos drown him out.
Kevin Owens says this is pointless, he just wants to punch Dominik in the face. Sami says, yeah… why not? Ripley steps to Owens instead. Priest decks Sami off the distraction and now Owens is triple teamed with stomps. Sami runs back in with a steel chair to chase the heels away. The two sides stare each other down.
– Shinsuke Nakamura defeated The Miz via pinfall. After the match, Nakamura stands tall to a pop.
– We see how Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez retained the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles over Dakota Kai and Bayley on Friday Night SmackDown. We now go backstage to Raquel, Adam Pearce, Chelsea Green and Sonya Deville. There’s some arguing and then Pearce announces that Liv was injured on Friday Night SmackDown.
Adam Pearce says no matter how bad Liv Morgan wants to defend tonight, she is not medically cleared. Deville says as a former member of management, she knows there should be a forfeit here. Green is ready to go complain to Pearce’s boss. Raquel proposes she faces Green tonight instead. The match is made. Green rants about how Rodriguez will regret this.
– We see Imperium walking at backstage.
– The announcers send us to Corey Graves’ sitdown interview with Seth Rollins, which includes a look at Rollins’ career, going back to his WWE NXT run. They also briefly touch on Rollins’ run and turn on The Shield. Graves asks why is there now a need for a new WWE World Heavyweight Title, and why is Rollins the guy to hold it? The interview will continue later tonight.
– We go back to the ring and here comes Imperium – WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER, Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci. This is The Ring General’s official Monday Night Raw debut as a member of the roster. GUNTHER stands on top of the announce table by himself. Kaiser takes the mic and demands all of your gratitude for your Intercontinental Champion. Some fans boo, but there are some cheers. Kaiser finishes his intro… The Ring General, GUNTHER! Fans cheer.
GUNTHER takes the mic and says perhaps an introduction is due. H says for almost one year he dominated SmackDown as the undefeated and longest-reigning Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion of the modern era but from this day forward, he shall continue his mission from Monday Night Raw. He knows no man on Raw has been identified as his next challenger, or earned his respect, but tonight one man can earn both by winning this Battle Royal to challenge for his title at Night of Champions.
– Mustafa Ali defeated Apollo Crews, Matt Riddle, Humberto, Angel, Akira Tozawa, Xyon Quinn, Mustafa Ali, Bronson Reed, Riddick Moss, Mace, Mansoor, Erik, Ivar, Dolph Ziggler, Dexter Lumis, Johnny Gargano, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander, Elias, Von Wagner, Baron Corbin, Otis, Chad Gable and Ricochet in WWE Intercontinental Title #1 Contender Battle Royal.
After the match, Ali begins celebrating as the music hits. Imperium looks on as we go to replays. Ali poses in the corner as a bunch of pyro goes off. Ali vs. GUNTHER is confirmed for WWE Night of Champions.
– We get a video package on Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar for WWE Night of Champions.
– Becky Lynch is shown walking at backstage.
– Becky Lynch makes her way to the ring to a big pop. We see how Lynch returned last week to attack WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus. Lynch takes he mic and announces ha she has come back around to Greensboro. Lynch talks about how sometimes we need to ask for help and she asked for help from two WWE Hall of Famers – Lita and Trish. She says Lita was great, but her own vision was clouded and she didn’t see Trish, like a snake in the grass, coming for her. She knows Trish never came back to help her, she came back to help herself because she’s an egomaniac.
Lynch then thanks Trish because when she hit her in the back of the head, she turned on a light that had been off for many months. When Trish called her daughter stupid, she reminded her how important it is to stand for the people. Lynch says Trish was #1 in this business and wants to be #1 again, but Lynch is it, and will be it. Lynch is fired up as she continues her promo. She says she will show Trish how thankful she is when she kicks her head in at Night of Champions. Lynch drops the mic and stares ahead as the music hits and fans cheer her on.
– We see SmackDown Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley watching Lynch’s promo backstage. Cathy Kelley approaches and asks about Natalya joining Raw, and what happened last week with Natalya saving Dana Brooke. Ripley says Natalya needs to stay in her lane, where she has made a pretty impressive career for herself but… Natalya interrupts and says yes it is impressive, but this is known already, and this is not about lanes, it’s about Ripley beating down a woman who was already defeated.
Natalya says Ripley is a dominant champ who deserves respect, something she’s not allowing the other women she’s running through. Ripley says don’t act like you came down there for Dana, it was for yourself. Ripley knows Natalya is trying to make people care for her again, so thank you. She promises to end Natalya’s career if she gets in her business like that again. Dominik Mysterio shows up and tells Ripley it’s time to go. They walk off.
– Alpha Academy and Maxxine Dupri arguing at backstage. Mustafa Ali walks up and says they’d be winners like him if they started thinking more positive. Mustafa Ali laughs and walks off, then stops at Imperium. GUNTHER congratulates him on being next in line at what is rightfully GUNTHER’s.
GUNTHER feels for Ali having to travel around the world for the biggest beating of his career. They shake hands now. Ali says he feels bad for GUNTHER, because he’s traveling around the world just to be humiliated and defeated for his title. Ali tells them to be positive, then walks off as GUNTHER fumes.
– Dominik Mysterio defeated Xavier Woods via pinfall. After the match, an angry Woods looks on while Ripley and Dominik celebrate.
– We get a vignette from JD McDonagh. He goes on about watching others get opportunities, and realized he was just performing for an audience of fools. JD is the power of force, the plague of suffering, the destructor who digs the graves. The Irish Ace is here to stay.
Cathy Kelley tries to get a word with JD backstage now, asking about the attack on Dolph Ziggler. He came to Monday Night Raw to make a statement, so who better than Dolph? JD says Dolph found out what the rest of the locker room will soon find out. Never bet against an ace. JD walks out of the arena.
– We see Indus Sher walking at backstage.
– Indus Sher defeated Drake Thompson and LeVar Barbie in a quick match. After the match, Indus Sher stands tall as Jinder says something in Hindi. Jinder walks over and puts on a headset, and says lots of people are saying Monday Night Raw belongs to them, but it belongs to Indus Sher and their future will be written in gold. Jinder takes the mic and says something in Hindi about Indus Sher owning Raw as Veer and Sanga pose in the middle of the ring.
– Imperium approaches Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens at backstage. Owens is bothered. GUNTHER says he will not tolerate disrespect like they showed his men last week. Owens asks if GUNTHER has a problem, and says they can fight next week, all three of you. Sami says they will find a partner for next week. Imperium agrees and walks off.
– We see Cody Rhodes getting off his bus as fans in the arena pop.
– Cody Rhodes makes his way to the ring to a big pop and pyro. Cody asks Greensboro what they want to talk about. He brings up the history of wrestling in Greensboro, and how his was the home of Starrcade I – a wonderful event with mutual respect, which Brock Lesnar does not share. Cody mentions Lesnar chose to miss tonight’s show, and fans boo.
Cody then tells the story of The Scorpion and The Frog. The scorpion helped the frog but then stung him, because it’s in his nature. Cody knows it’s in Lesnar’s nature to hunt… but Cody just wants to know how Lesnar’s face is doing? He continues to taunt Lesnar over busting his face up. Cody says he may have broke Lesnar’s spirit and beat up the biggest bully in WWE, so he gladly accepts the Night of Champions challenge.
Cody says there’s a lot of talk about Lesnar and his ego or his number of dates, but Lesnar is on top because he’s better than 99.9% of the others in WWE, but at WWE Backlash, Lesnar was not better. Cody goes on and says no matter what happened at Backlash, Lesnar still would’ve hunted him because this is about who is the big thing on Raw.
Fans chant “Cody!” now. He says they were right about Lesnar being the next big thing, bu what if they would just say… next? Cody goes on about Lesnar conquering WWE before, but he needs Lesnar to just take his busted face and go on because no longer is he the next big thing, he’s just in Cody’s way and needs to get out. Fans pop as Cody’s music starts back up. He exits the ring and signs a few autographs at ringside.
– Zoey Stark at backstage bragging to Nikki Cross about last week’s win but Cross is ignoring her. Candice LeRae shows up and tells Stark to stop calling Cross a freak. Stark asks about LeRae’s family (The Way?) and insults LeRae’s family. LeRae says they can deal with it in the ring next week and the match is on.
– Raquel Rodriguez defeated Chelsea Green via pinfall. After the match, Raquel heads to the stage and raises her title in the air. Ronda Rousey attacks from out of nowhere, laying Raquel out. Shayna Baszler is with her for the double team. Rousey says Raquel is supposed to defend those titles, and she’s going to, with or without Liv Morgan, or she will take a beating every week until she does. Rousey holds Raquel while Baszler lays her out with a knee strike. Fans boo.
– We see Imperium at backstage. GUNTHER shakes hands with someone, then they walk off. That someone was Paul Heyman. Heyman gets on the phone to call Roman Reigns with a sinister look on his face.
– We go back to Corey Graves for his sitdown interview with Seth Rollins. He wonders where we’d be if he never hit Roman Reigns with that steel chair. We get a look at some of the other versions of Rollins from his WWE career. Graves touts some of his accomplishments, then asks why this iteration of Rollins is his best. Rollins laughs and says this is the fun part… he’s in a synergistic situation with the WWE Universe, and this is the most authentic version of himself. Graves asks why now.
Rollins says maybe it’s the equity or the hard work, but he has some kind of organic relationship with fans and he’s not forcing any change as fans are the catalyst for change. Graves asks why is now the time for a new WWE World Heavyweight Title, and why should Rollins be champion. Rollins didn’t want to be the one to say this but… we need to change again. Rollins doesn’t feel like anyone at the top wants to take any risks with the titles they’re holding, they’re all about protecting themselves and not moving the industry forward.
Seth Rollins says now if the perfect time for the new title, we can do it the way it’s supposed to be done. Graves then asks Rollins what he thinks of Roman and his Undisputed WWE Universal Title reign. The question will be answered next week. Graves says what is said will ruffle some feathers. Graves and Patrick hype Rollins vs. AJ Styles for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Night of Champions.
– We get a vignette on Apollo Crews, who we see running and training in a city. Crews says yes he’s glad to be back on Raw, but this is no gift… he touts his accomplishments and says he’s still not discussed, but now no one is to mention his name without putting respect on it. Crews says he earned his way back, while never backing down from adversity, no matter what, and he did it all while being a man his kids can be proud of. Crews says he can be changed by what happens any night, but he refuses to be reduced by it, or his past. Crews says this is his time.
– Finn Balor and Damian Priest defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn via pinfall with IMPERIUM interference. After the match, The Judgment Day stands tall. Heyman looks on from the stage, still on the phone, and he likes what he sees. Imperium looks on from ringside while Zayn and Owens recover in the middle of the ring. Balor talks some trash to the camera. Imperium stares at Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens as Monday Night Raw goes off the air.