WWE Day 1 pay-per-view is live from the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. In the kick-off show, Kayla Braxton revealed that Universal Champion Roman Reigns pulled off from the event after he testing positive for COVID-19. She also announced that Brick Lesnar is added to the WWE Championship making it fatal-5 way, with Seth Rollins, Big E, Kevin Owens and Bobby Lashley.
– Sheamus and Ridge Holland defeated Cesaro and Ricochet via pinfall in kick-off show. In the middle of the match, Ridge Holland injured and taken to backstage, and Sheamus alone continued the match. At the end, Sheamus hits Brogue Kick to Cesaro and pinned him for the victory.
– Kevin Patrick at backstage with WWE Champion Big E and asks if he’s worried about his odds after his title defense has changed to a Fatal 5 Way. Big E jokes that this wasn’t on his New Year’s bingo card, but he’s ready for all of his opponents, including Brock Lesnar. Big E further says he knows it won’t be easy tonight, but he will walk through fire and still be WWE Champion.
– Kayla Braxton at backstage with The Migos – Quavo, Offset and Takeoff. They talks about being WWE fans since they were kids, and tease that we may see them get involved in a match. McAfee plugs their album and “Straightenin” single, which is the theme song for tonight’s pay-per-view.
– Sarah Schreiber stops Kevin Owens backstage and asks about Brock Lesnar being added to the WWE Title match tonight. Owens says it’s a travesty or a tragedy, whichever you want to pick. Owens says it never should’ve happened and goes on about how Bobby Lashley and Lesnar were both added to the match when they didn’t belong.
Owens further says how he and Seth Rollins working together and then dealing with the bully Lesnar. He mentions what Lesnar recently did to his best friend Sami Zayn. Owens then talks about his back-up plan and says he’s going to talk to Rollins about it and walks off.
– RK-Bro defeated The Street Profits via pinfall and successfully retained their Raw Tag Team Titles. After the match, Orton and Riddle stood tall and The Migos entered to the ring to celebrate with the champs. Orton and Riddle pose with their titles as the rappers also poses with them. The Profits return to the ring and they shake hands with Orton and Riddle in a show of respect.
– Megan Morant stops Drew McIntyre at backstage and asks about his comments. McIntyre talks about defeating Madcap Moss and says his jokes are bad, but he was a tough opponent. As for Happy Baron Corbin, he can handle himself but suddenly Moss and Corbin attack McIntyre. Drew fights back and delivers a Glasgow Kiss. Then, Corbin and Moss attacks McIntyre with steel chair. Corbin orders Moss to wrap the chair around Drew’s head, and Moss then slams a piece of rigging into it. Moss and Corbin back off as officials call for help for McIntyre.
– Kayla Braxton stops Brock Lesnar backstage for comments. Then, Lesnar takes the mic and introduces himself like Paul Heyman does. He says he does what he wants to do because he’s a free agent, and he’s a free agent thanks to his advocate Paul Heyman. Lesnar goes on and says he will go to the ring tonight and walk out as the WWE Heavyweight Champion of the world, and that’s not a prediction, that my friends, is a spoiler.
– Edge defeated The Miz via pinfall in singles match. During the match, Maryse distracted Edge and Miz hits Skull Crushing Finale on him, but Edge still kicks out of it. Then, WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix came and took down Maryse. Then, Beth and Mix have words, Edge took the advantage and delivered a spear to Miz and pinned him for the victory. After the match, Edge and Beth Phoenix poses in the ring while Miz and Maryse watches them from the stage.
– Kevin Patrick with MVP and Bobby Lashley at backstage. MVP says the other participants in the main event are shaking in their boots because of Brock Lesnar, but not Lashley. He says that Lesnar is a once-in-a-lifetime athlete, but so is Lashley, perhaps the yin to Lashley’s yang.
MVP says Lashley is looking forward to winning the WWE Title so he can say he beat Brock for it. MVP says this won’t just be the first day of 2022, but it will be the first day of The All Mighty Era lasting forever. Now, Lashley says he will take great pleasure in feeling Lesnar tap out in The Hurt Lock and agrees with this being the first day of a new era and they both walks off.
– Becky Lynch defeated Liv Morgan via pinfall and successfully retained her Raw Women’s Championship. After the match, Becky Lynch stood tall with her title while referee checks on Liv Morgan, who is bleeding from her nose.
– Kevin Patrick with Seth Rollins at backstage. Rollins rants about how tonight’s WWE Title match was originally his shot, but the others weaseled their ways into it. He goes on and says the other 4 participants all have one thing in common and that is they’re not him. Rollins says he will do what he does best, stomp heads and win the title.
– The announcers send us to the earlier Instagram video from Jackass star Johnny Knoxville, in which he said he wants to make a run for the Royal Rumble Match. They plug the 2022 Royal Rumble, which takes place on January 29 from The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis.
– Brock Lesnar defeated Big E, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens and Bobby Lashley via pinfall and became the new WWE Champion. After the match, Brock Lesnar takes the WWE Title while Bobby Lashley and MVP stares at him from ringside. Lesnar sits up on his knees, placing the title on his shoulder.
Brock Lesnar looks back at Bobby Lashley and starts laughing. Lesnar stood tall now, raises the WWE Title in the air and fans cheers for him. Lesnar continues his celebration as the referee checks on Big E in the middle of the ring. The inaugural WWE Day 1 pay-per-view goes off the air with the new WWE Champion Brock Lesnar standing tall with the title.