WWE Monday Night Raw Full Results (May 22nd, 2023)
WWE Monday Night Raw Full Results (May 22nd, 2023)
The WWE Night of Champions go-home edition of Monday Night Raw is live from the GIANT Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania. We see Cody Rhodes arriving backstage to the arena. Kevin Patrick welcomes us, and he’s joined at ringside by Corey Graves. Bock Lesnar suddenly attacks Cody and destroys him backstage. Lesnar taunts Cody while beating him around the backstage area. Lesnar smashes Rhodes’ arm and now it looks like Cody is hurt as Lesnar walks away.
Here The WWE Monday Night Raw Full Results
– We go right to the ring and Paul Heyman is already waiting with a mic as fans boo. Heyman says he had nothing to do with what we just saw, but it’s just an example of what Cody Rhodes has coming at WWE Night of Champions. Heyman says last week’s appearance was so well-received, he was brought back. Heyman touts 3 Night of Champions main events and how Solo Sikoa and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns will the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Titles from Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, while The Usos proudly watch on TV from home.
Paul Heyman goes on and welcomes us to the final Monday Night Raw before Night of Champions. Kevin Owens’ music hits and Paul Heyman shocks. Next Sami Zayn’s music hits and now the undisputed tag team champions head to the ring while Samantha Irvin does the introductions. We see what happened on last Friday Night SmackDown.
Sami cracks jokes at how fast Heyman left. Zayn and Owens feel really good going into Saturday’s title defense. Sami has said all he has to say. Owens brings up how Reigns dedicated the upcoming win to WWE Hall of Famers The Wild Samoans, Afa and Sika. Owens says that got him thinking and he wants to dedicate their win to the true pillars of The Bloodline, The Usos.
Sami says that’s pretty good, but that’s then and tonight they’re in six-man action against Imperium. The music interrupts and here comes WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER, Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci. Imperium hits the apron to surround the tag team champs. Matt Riddle then runs out and stands with the champs to even the odds. Imperium leaves but turns back and rushes into the ring to fight. Vinci and Kaiser are sent out. Riddle with a big knee to stun GUNTHER. Owens and Zayn try to clothesline GUNTHER to the floor but Riddle has to assist. The two teams face off.
– We see Cody Rhodes rolling around in pain earlier while Brock Lesnar looked down at him. Byron Saxton is outside of the trainer’s room now. Adam Pearce comes out but he has no update on Cody. Saxton asks him about a rumor on Cody breaking his arm. Pearce says he has no new information.
– We get a pre-recorded promo with Bronson Reed blaming last week’s Battle Royal loss on Ricochet, and warning that actions have consequences.
– Bronson Reed defeated Ricochet via pinfall. After the match, Reed stands tall and taunts Ricochet while he recovers.
– Apollo Crews at backstage with Cathy Kelley. He hopes Cody Rhodes is OK because that looked rough earlier. Apollo says otherwise, he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t excited to be back on… Dominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley interrupt. Dominik says this was supposed to be Rhea’s interview time, but Cathy says Rhea was after Apollo.
Dominik says Rhea is a busy woman and has something to say. She thanks Dom-Dom, then says Natalya has had a legendary career but she got in Ripley’s way so this Saturday at WWE Night of Champions, she will make an example of Natalya and make her regret coming to Monday Night Raw, and end her legendary career. Dominik and Apollo have a few words and Crews asks Dominik what he’s going to do about it. Ripley says they will remind Apollo who runs Monday Night Raw. Dominik says that’s right, Mami. Apollo can’t wait to see them try.
– We go to part three of Corey Grave’ sitdown interview with Seth Rollins. Regarding Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, Rollins says he loves him but doesn’t like him… that’s brotherhood, right? He will always have love for Reigns, but he has no respect for the person Reigns has become. He says Reigns is poisoned by his own ego, and the title is the biggest thing… Reigns is taking opportunities from others and that’s about as selfish as you can be.
Rollins says he will become champion so we can all forget about Reigns. Graves asks what Monday Night Raw can look like with Rollins on top. He says Monday Night Raw can be the land of opportunity, for change, it can push the industry forward. Rollins goes on and says he doesn’t want to jinx himself but he feels pretty invisible going into Night of Champions, he’s at the top of his game. Graves asks why Night of Champions is different. Rollins says this is it.
– We see footage of Shinsuke Nakamura having words with Damian Priest and Finn Balor on Raw Talk. Byron Saxton approaches Priest and Balor at the show now. Balor says Shinsuke Nakamura cost Priest a shot in the tournament, and he disrespected Priest, which is disrespecting the other members of The Judgment Day. Balor will make Nakamura pay and leave just enough on his bones for Priest to pick apart.
– We get a vignette on Zoey Stark. She is clear, calculated and vicious, and you won’t like her. She says she is here to tear down all of your idols apart and expose their weaknesses. The era of heroes is over and the Zoey Stark era is here.
– Zoey Stark defeated Candice LeRae via pinfall. After the match, Stark stands tall.
– WWE touts how John Cena is currently in Fast X while Batista is in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
– Byron Saxton at backstage with Mustafa Ali now, asking about his Night of Champions match with WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER. Ali is at a loss of words, his “Positive-Ali” gimmick on hold tonight. Ali says he knows Saxton is looking for his usual, but this is way too real for him, he’s been dreaming about this since he was a kid – doing something great and becoming a champion but if you look at his career, he’s never come close, he’s been a failure over and over.
Ali says no one thinks he can beat GUNTHER and become the… Brock Lesnar comes walking through the Gorilla Position area, pushing Ali out of the way. Lesnar turns and looks at Ali, then tells him to get a life, kid.
Brock Lesnar is out on the stage now. He looks ahead and then marches to the ring. Lesnar is all business right now. Lesnar takes a mic and just waits as fans chant “Cody!” now. Lesnar asks Hershey what they want to talk about. Lesnar says he would boo Cody also. He says unfortunately, Cody won’t be coming back out tonight and he won’t be fighting Lesnar at Night of Champions, but don’t worry… Lesnar will not let you down as he’s issuing an Open Challenge for anyone back there to fight him at Night of Champions. All you have to do is step up!
Lesnar laughs and looks ahead. Cody comes out with his arm in a sling. Adam Pearce and two referees try to get him to go back. Cody heads to the ring now, then takes off his shirt. Lesnar and Cody stare at each other. Lesnar charges and collides into Cody, then takes him down into the Kimura Lock. Lesnar screams “Fight, fight me!” while Rhodes clutches his own arm. Lesnar breaks as Pearce pleads from ringside. Lesnar stomps Cody’s arm some more and the boos pick up. Lesnar heads to the back while Pearce yells for medical.
– Alpha Academy defeated The Viking Raiders via pinfall. After the match, Otis and Gable head to the ramp to celebrate while Erik, Ivar and Valhalla seethe in the ring.
– We get a video of Indus Sher’s Veer and Sanga, narrated by Jinder Mahal. He says last week was the first day of the end for many on Monday Night Raw. Veer and Sanga are forces of nature… thunder is crashing, the storm is here. So what happens next? Jinder says something about Monday Night Raw in Hindi.
– Byron Saxton is waiting at backstage to get a comment from Cody Rhodes. Adam Pearce enters and we hear him arguing with Cody Rhodes. The door opens and Cody Rhodes yells at Adam Pearce, sending him on his way.
-Finn Balor defeated Shinsuke Nakamura via pinfall. After the match, Balor and Priest stand tall.
– The announcers talk about Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez relinquishing the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles.
– Raquel Rodriguez defeated Sonya Deville via pinfall. After the match, Rodriguez stands tall until she is double teamed by Deville and Chelsea Green. Shotzi makes the save and then hits a big suicide dive as Rodriguez holds the rope open for her.
– Adam Pearce is told Cody Rhodes is blocking people from entering his locker room. Trish Stratus stops Pearce backstage and comments on how she made time in her busy schedule for tonight’s contract signing. She says Becky Lynch is feisty, so they need a no-touch rule for the contract signing. Pearce says a lot is going on tonight and he doesn’t see the need for a no-touch policy. Pearce thanks Trish and walks off.
– Adam Pearce is backstage on the phone. He tells the other person about how Cody Rhodes is refusing medical help and won’t talk to anyone.
– Byron Saxton stops Shotzi and Raquel Rodriguez at backstage. They talk about having respect for each other, then they agree to team up for SmackDown and then the title Fatal 4 Way on Monday Night Raw.
– Dominik Mysterio defeated Apollo Crews via pinfall. After the match, Mysterio and Ripley celebrates.
– We get a video on AJ Styles for the finals of the WWE World Heavyweight Title tournament.
– We go to Seth Rollins and Corey Graves for part four of their sitdown interview. Rollins says it’s time for a change. He was never pegged to be that guy, so it made him want it more. Rollins says this is what he’s always dreamed of, it’s given him a life beyond his wildest dreams, he just wants to see it be the best it can be. This new title is it. He’s putting all his chips in and giving the match all he has. Rollins says he is the change we’ve been waiting on, he wants to be that guy.
– WWE Undisputed Tag Team Champions Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, and Matt Riddle defeated IMPERIUM via pinfall. After the match, the two teams recover and stare each other down.
– We see Cody Rhodes in his locker room. He tells someone he doesn’t need any help, then there’s a knock and in comes WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H. He says he understands where Cody is and what he’s trying to do, but he also knows Cody understands the position he’s in… he needs to get Cody medical attention. Cody says he doesn’t need any doctors.
Triple H says he can look and see that Cody’s arm is broken, everyone can, and Cody knows damn well the arm is broken based on the look on his face. Triple H says no one is questioning how tough Cody is. They go on and Triple says he can’t let Cody go to Night of Champions to wrestle Brock Lesnar. Cody isn’t happy with Triple H saying he’s afraid, asking what he has to be afraid of.
Cody says his legs work fine, he can make it to the ring. Triple H mentions seeing Cody wrestle with the torn pec and says no one questions how tough you are, but this is different. Triple H brings up the year Cody was on the shelf, and Cody admits it was a horrible year, but says it would have been much worse if he was a complete coward and a shell of himself, who didn’t go on and fight. Cody asks Triple H what would he have done. Cody says Triple H would have fought.
Cody says he’s going to Night of Champions, and he’s going to fight Brock Lesnar. Fans cheer in the arena. Cody Rhodes sits back down and Triple H sits with him. Triple H smirks, pats Cody Rhodes on the leg, and says “alright.” Triple H then pats Cody Rhodes on the back and walks off. The final Monday Night Raw before WWE Night of Champions goes off the air.